Pages

Friday 5 September 2014

Throw The Book At Me


Since having published my first book I have noticed something very interesting in how people treat me who know about it. Of course there are those who couldn't wait to read it and who support me through it all. But there is an uglier side...

People seem to get angry at me for having published a book, and yes there are those who don't like the subjects the book is about.... but this is something different, something darker.

People who don't even know me will see me posting in a group or something, then start attacking me, then of course the book will get mentioned. Why? They say it is crap or whatever, without even having read it and start calling me names. What is wrong with these people? I think to myself.

Unfortunately there are so many insecure people in the world, who feel so bad about themselves that they can't help attacking those they feel are in some way better than them. (I am not saying I am better than them, this is how they think.) Maybe they always wanted to write a book, but could never be bothered to actually get on with it? They would much rather spend time trolling and attacking people who already did online.

It is hard work publishing at book, especially when you do it all alone, as I did, and yes I did want it that way for various reasons and I never approached any publishers.

To me it was the ultimate sense of achievement to have done it ALL myself, from designing the cover (with help deciding which design and name was best from the members of KHT) to doing the whole layout and setting up a micro publishers, all this when releasing my first book. It wasn't easy and I had a lot of research to do and I had a lot to learn, but I did it.

So to all those people who feel the need to attack me for having done this, instead of feeling so insulted by me and what I have achieved.... why not write a book yourself? Experience what I have had to go through myself.. Including finding out I had to send 6 free copies to the national libraries, having to pay for the ISBN numbers and getting it registered. If you like even come and talk to me about your ideas and if I like them I will help you by publishing it through my own Publishers and it will save you a lot of time and hassle.

Rather than attacking those you are envious of, you would be better to make friends of them and learn from them.

2 comments:

  1. I commend you for being the light for others to follow, most don't want us to rise above present living & feel concerned when others take a stand. I know what happens when we do what we're directed by the Holy spirit to do & the small minded have attacked me many times, yet the gr8 men & women support change pioneers & I support & thank you Tia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am greatful and thankful that you wrote that book. I was starting to freak out because I noticed I was being tracked and strange things were happening. When I found your website and got the book it all made sense. SO I THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! Ignore the haters, you're right they are just miserable. I feel sorry for them.

    ReplyDelete